Hermitage R-IV School Board Meeting
December 15, 2020
The Hermitage R-IV Board of Education held its monthly meeting on Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 6:30 PM. The meeting began with the superintendent, Dr. Justin Yates, providing COVID-19 updates currently affecting the school and the measures the school has taken to continue providing effective education both in person and virtually. He updated the board on following actions taken by the school. Greg Maynard was hired to provide a boundary survey of the recently acquired properties that will be torn down or removed. The removing of two dwelling on the properties will begin once the survey is done. The decision was made to compete in Class 1 Cross Country but in order to do this the school would no longer be continuing the cooperative arrangement with the Wheatland School District. Both teams would be competing separately but will continue to train together and go to meets together. The school district was recently approved for a SACC grant worth $240,000 spread over 3 years. The 2019-20 Audit was completed showing the district in a favorable financial position. Mrs. Friedman and Mrs. Kobe provided updates from the building levels.
In new business, The Board of Education approved the 2019-2020 annual school audit. The Board of Education also approved updates to the mask mandate currently being practice by the 6-12 grade as well as all district staff. The Board of Education then approved an RFP for use in hiring a project manager to complete the upcoming construction project.
Executive session included discussion of personnel and records protected from disclosure pursuant to R.S. Mo.610.021(3) and 610.021(13). Dr. Justin Yates was rehired as superintendent for the Hermitage district.
Commendations were issued to:
1. Galmey VFW Color Guard for their presentation to our Veteran’s Day Assembly.
2. Ozarks Food Harvest have been providing 24 weekly backpacks for the students to take home on weekends.
3. Mr. Bowden for another successful annual Christmas Concert.
4. Mrs. Lampe for displaying student’s artwork in the Christmas Concert.
5. Mrs. Ford for working to help us make the lobby into a winter wonderland for our
6. Celebration of the Pumpkin-Bill McBrayer for donating pumpkins to the elementary.
7. Wyatt Mooney for signing to run Track and Field for Southeastern Community College.
8. Justin Mitchell for signing to attend Midwest Welding Institute
9. Southwest Electric donating money to the Christmas Drive.
10. Alps donating paper bags for Preschool Stone soup party.
11. Roger Boyd for donating food to food drive on behalf of Alternative School.
12. Jim Cihy and the Hickory County Sheriff’s Office for helping 20 students have a great Christmas through the Shop with a Sheriff program.
13. Mrs. Bishop for preparing an amazing Christmas dinner for the Board of Education.