Hermitage R-IV School Board Meeting
February 18, 2020
The Hermitage R-IV Board of Education held its monthly meeting on Tuesday, February 18, 2020, at 6:30 PM. Superintendent Justin Yates discussed the 2021-2020 school calendar, 2020-2025 district CSIP plan, a copier proposal, 2020-2021 Insurance rates from OSBA, and the updates to the school district’s MSBA policy management service. Krissy Friedman and Shemay Kobe spoke about activities involving all district students. Melody Roach was present to present the school with a $25,500 grant to purchase a new school vehicle.
Executive session included discussion of personnel and records protected from disclosure pursuant to R.S. Mo.610.021(3) and 610.021(13). Cory Nicholson was hired during the executive session to become the new Assistant MS/HS Track Coach.
New business included the approval of placing the school car on the school surplus list to be sold after being replaced with a new school vehicle. The Junior class prom proposal was presented and approved. The board approved the adoption of MSBA providing online full maintenance services for current school policies. An amendment to the current school calendar was approved to change the end of school date to May 13th at 12:30 PM. The 2020-2021 school calendar was approved as presented. The 2020-2021 OSBA insurance rates were presented and the board approved a board paid employee benefit of $507.20 toward insurance premium. The board also approved 5 year lease copier proposal presented by MARCO. Lastly, the board approved the 2020-2025 district CSIP plan as presented.
Commendations were issued to:
1. Matt Horn earned his 2000th point in his basketball career at Homecoming January 31st.
2. Coach Salmon and Mrs. Salmon and the HS Hornet and Lady Hornet basketball teams for
sponsoring a middle school basketball league in February
3. Congratulations to our FBLA District winners! We have 7 members* moving on to compete at
the state level out of our 15 members that competed at districts! Overall, Hermitage placed 9th
out of 23 schools in District 13—small, but mighty! Congrats also to Bradley Forrest on being
elected District Secretary for 2020-21.
*Brayden Mantooth, Spreadsheets, 1st pl
*Bradley Forrest, Intro to Financial Math, 3rd pl, Intro to Info Tech, 4th pl
*Andrew Smith, Networking Concepts, 3rd pl
Kori Wilkes & Paris Yates, Social Media Campaign, 3rd pl
4. Middle School Boys Basketball was undefeated in the February winter league
5. Mrs. Griffin and HS Cheerleaders for sponsoring the Little Stinger Squad
6. FCCLA & FBLA for hosting the 2nd Annual Father/Daughter Dance
7. Krissy Friedman for going above and beyond to provide assistance to a student from another
school needing medical attention following a basketball game.
8. Congratulations to Hermitage Lady Hornet Softball Team and Coach Salmon for achieving a
team GPA of 3.530 with players Lily Hart, Paris Yates, and Chelsi Horn receiving Academic AllState Honors.
9. FCCLA teams advance to state.
*Faith Sabala-National Programs in Action-Gold
*Grace Brune and Izzy Koontz –Interpersonal Communication